Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bringing porridge out..


I bring BabyS out quite often. Shopping, church, etc. I will also bring her porridge along.

When she was eating porridge for lunch and dinner, i'll just prepare two portions at once (2 chinese soup spoons worth of raw rice) and use my thermal flask to store it.

A good thermal flask is worth investing in. Regardless of brand, as long as it keeps baby's food hot. room temp or cold porridge is yucky, and a breeding ground for bacteria ..

I bought my Zojirushi thermal food flask way back in 2000, when I was almost starting work, cos I was so obsessed with Japanese bentos (still am) and the amazing containers and tupperwares (Still am too!). Well, i didnt get to use it cos too lazy to cook.. Well, almost 10 yrs later I get to use it and it serves me well! I bought it for about $50 plus back then. I bought this brand cos there werent as many brand of thermal food containters as now.

Mine comes with 3 compartments. If i dish the porridge into it at about 8am, by 6pm the porridge is still warm! NOw that babyS has moved onto solids like rice, sides, etc. I still use this and it keeps the heat just as well.

I find the brands Endo and LA gourmet not bad too. And definitely cheaper..

There are BPs (Bulk Purchases) often on the parenting forums like this..

But if you dont go out for long hours like me, then maybe a single serving flask will do.. I have two of those (one LA gourmet and another brand is a china brand). which serve well when I only have one serving of food and I dont wanna lug the huge zojirushi one out..

Lobang tip: Courts at Tampines (Bargain hall L1) has a wide range of cooking equipment, flasks etc liek La Gourmet there. I bought mine there and it was cheaper than what was being sold at departmental stores.. (cannot remember exact price now but remember being absolutely thrilled at the savings).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments or questions about this post? Share it here! (I'm just here to share, so I dont hope to see any bashing, advertising, etc.. comments deemed unsuitable will be deleted)